Saturday, April 23, 2011

...Stays in Vegas!

So I am finally getting around to posting about Vegas! I was obviously excited about going...I love being with my family, watching softball and seeing the sun. It was a great trip!

The drive down wasn't too bad. Eight people all in one vehicle doesn't sound so great, but we love a good road trip! Things I liked about the drive: snacking the entire time, listening to music, making music videos with my sisters, listening to my nephew scream with excitement when his mom put on the movie Cars, taking lots of pointless pictures and my nephew very happily jumping in the very back with us whenever we made a stop.


Things I didn't like about the drive: having NO leg room being in the very back row of seats with my two sisters, not being able to get comfortable enough to take a nap, getting hit in the face with anything my nephew decides to throw behind him...this includes squirting his water bottle all over me, that nice pain in my lower back from sitting in one place for too long and never getting the car's temperature right. 


Not a bad drive, but I was so glad to finally get to there! Our hotel was awesome! It was condo style so our room had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, laundry room, dining/family room and a balcony. The flat screen tv's, fireplace and four themed swimming pools to choose from were also a nice touch. They were under major construction so we got it for a great deal! Again, all eight of us stayed there so it's a good thing we are used to being together all the time. I do have to say, sleeping on the sofa bed was my least favorite thing...and my back's least favorite. But I put up with it because hey...I was finally on a vacation!
The next two days consisted of softball and more softball! I LOVE it! My cousin Spencer plays in the same league so it was fun to see more family down there. He used to play on Jeremy's same team but he decided to play on another team this year, it's so weird not having them on the same team! But it was still fun to support both of them. Jeremy's team, SA Academy, won the tournament! They played so well and it was a great way to start off another season.



My brother has played baseball for my entire life. I grew up around it and didn't love it at first. I was always more concerned with finding the best playground to keep me occupied. But when Jeremy started playing High School ball everything changed. I LOVE the game and love cheering on the team. I'm so glad he found a way to keep playing now that he is an old 25 year old. We have a blast watching! We also love working on our much needed tan and watching little Austin play his own game of baseball :)





We can't go to Viva without visiting the strip! It's so dirty and gross, but I have to see the fountains at the Bellagio...it's a requirement! We always stop at Caesar's Palace too, this year Austin was old enough to appreciate the huge fish tank in the Forum Shops. He was so cute! I wish I had gotten a picture of him in his stroller, jacket collar popped and wearing his baby Ray Ban sunglasses at 9:00pm while walking down the strip. SO CUTE!




The drive home was pretty much the same as the drive there. Just not as fun because it's back to the real world...and in my case back to the snow! So not fair! But the trip was wonderful and I loved spending time with my family. I am so lucky that they are my best friends...and that my nephew is so stinkin cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment