Friday, November 25, 2011

Gone Fishing

I went camping with my family in July, more like "cabining". A softball friend let us use their cabin at Soldier Creek Reservoir. It's one of our favorite places to camp and we haven't been for a couple of years. The cabin was big and beautiful! We had a blast hanging out and watching tv...see, not much of a camping trip. My back was screaming at me after the drive so I was actually grateful we weren't in tents.

We took my brother's fishing boat out one night and that is when our trip became memorable. All of us girls got a fishing license for the day so we were ready to go. I haven't been fishing since I was little so I had to relearn everything. Allie had never been, and she scored! She caught the biggest fish we have ever seen! A 26 1/2 inches, 7 lbs cutthroat! My mom came in a close second, 23 1/2 inches, 4 lbs cutthroat! Allie almost broke her arm reeling hers in and we were all in awe, screaming, taking pictures, laughing...it was such a great day on the lake! My favorite part was seeing the reactions from everyone at the dock. There was a family of about 20 Asians and they were clapping and ahhing as Allie carried the fish to be cleaned. A couple older gentlemen were visually upset that some city girls out-fished them. It was hilarious! We had a lot of fish for dinner that night!






No comments:

Post a Comment